||Tempered glass consists of tempered safety glass triple-coated with LoE3, dual-sealed and injected with Argon gas. This quality glass provides excellent energy efficiency, thermal performance and protects against the sun's fade causing rays. Tempered glass can also be combined with other energy efficient options for even greater performance.
- High energy efficiency results in a more comfortable living environment and money savings on utility bills.
- Meets ENERGY STAR approval guidelines for all climatic regions of the US.
- NFRC rating is substantially better than required by most common building codes.
- Provides three times more protection against solar heat gain.
- Resists condensation twice as long as clear glass.
- Protects interior spaces by reflecting the vast majority of the sun's fade causing rays.
Tempered glass is LoE3, argon gas-filled glass designed for maximum energy efficiency.
Tempered glass is available for most VELUX skylights including:
- Manual venting deck mounted skylight (VS skylight)
- Fixed deck mounted skylight (FS skylight)
- Manual venting curb mounted skylight (VCM skylight)
- Fixed curb mounted skylight (FCM skylight)
- Pan-flashed skylight (QPF skylight)
See our skylight sizes in our literature library
We stand behind our products with a promise of lasting service. All VELUX insulated glazing units (IGUs) are backed by our 20 year warranty. For details, download our warranty brochure